UK Visa


If you are an EU citizen, you do not need a visa to travel to or study in the UK. Although the UK has applied to leave the EU, BREXIT, this does not affect your rights to travel to and study in the UK in 2018 and for the immediate future.

Citizens of many other countries do not need a visa to enter and study for a short term in the UK.

Citizens of some countries do require a visa to travel to and study in the UK.

To find out if you need a visa please visit:

The Oxford School of English is an accredited language school and is able to supply visa support documentation to genuine students studying English in Oxford. We are not able to supply visa support documentation for our school in Torquay.

We are not immigration lawyers or an immigration advice centre and cannot provide advice on visa applications or comment on your eligibility for a UK entry visa.

We cannot provide visa support documentation for family members who may want to join you in the UK. We can only provide visa support documentation for students who have booked a course of study in Oxford and who have paid for their language course fees in advance.

Students who require UK visa support documentation must enrol on a Morning 20, Intensive 30, Cambridge Exam Course or an IELTS course to fulfil the minimum teaching hours requirements.

You can book accommodation in Oxford for the whole length of your stay or for an initial period of 4 weeks. If you are arranging your own accommodation in Oxford, we must have the name, address and details of the place where you will be staying.

It is important that you check to see if you are eligible for a UK entry visa before you make an application. The requirements are available on the above website. If you apply and are unfortunately refused a visa all fees you have paid to us in advance will be refunded less a £150GBP administration fee and any bank charges we incur in making the refund. We require a copy of the visa refusal documentation before we can make a refund.

If you are refused a visa, we are not able to negotiate with the UK government on your behalf.

Share by: